1. Boost curb appeal – If the outside of the property is in disarray, then most would assume that the inside is unkept. Try the following to boost curb appeal:
a. Mow the lawn and trim the hedges
b. Power wash siding, walkways and front porch/entrance
c. Plant seasonal flowers in attractive pots
2. Make the inside sparkle – Make sure you home is in top condition. Please dust, mop, clean and open the windows to release any inside odors.
3. De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter! – Remove any unnecessary items and organize closets, kitchen cabinets and garage.
4. Rearrange furniture – Stage rooms to showcase the best potential by removing unused and bulky furniture.
5. Clean flooring – Make sure your floors are clean and stain-free.
6. Select natural paint colors – Maybe it’s time to change your baby nursery into a neutral toddler’s room or remove the lime green out of the bathroom.
7. Eliminate pet odors – It is a big turn-off if your house smells like animals, especially if buyers are allergic.
8. Adorn every room – Rearrange furniture so that every room has a purpose.
9. Tidy collectibles – If you have a wonderful car or angel collection, dust your collectibles and arranging in an eye-pleasing manner.
10. No dead walls – Add framed artwork, photography or mirrors to spice up a room. Visit your local Goodwill or consignment shop to purchase artwork on a budget.