Down payment funding is a major hurdle for many first-time home buyers. The HouseCharlotte Programprovides:
• 10-year, deferred, forgivable loans to low and moderate-income families.
• Down payment assistance available up to $10,000 in challenged neighborhoods and $7,500 in transitioning and some selected stable neighborhoods.
• Funds can be used to cover down payment, closing cost, and interest rate buy down.
• Maximum house purchase price is $155,000.
Six easy steps:
• Attend a pre-purchase homeownership training. Call Community Link at 866-230-0956 to schedule an appointment.
• Work with Jerrianne to locate a home in an eligible neighborhood. To confirm eligibility, enter the address in the City of Charlotte’s Neighborhood & Business Services mapping application. (Once you enter the property address, eligibility information will appear in the information bubble on the map.)
• Use an approved mortgage lender (locate an approved lender)
• Property must pass a City Code inspection or, if new construction, have a certificate of occupancy
• Upon approval, HouseCharlotte will provide down payment assistance
• Move into your new home!
Jerrianne Jackson is a Real Estate Consultant who inspires first time home buyers to understand the values of home ownership through education and enlightenment. Her company, the Blu J Agency helps individuals and investors leverage residential real estate to establish long-term economic wealth. For more information, visit www.BluJAgency.com or call 803.378.8844.